Sunday, March 21, 2010

"2-Good" Movies, I watched recently

From a long time, I was thinking, why our Telugu film makers are still going for routine mass masala movies, when we see some experimental yet good movies from Hindi/Tamil people etc....Well, I think the telugu audience are tuned that way....anyways, I watched a couple of movies recently and felt that our Telugu Movie Makers have changed their style and making a new way...below is my take on those "2 Good" movies.

1. LEADER:

This is a movie which comes under typical political genre. Before, I watched this, I was thinking how Shekar Kammula will handle this kind of a movie that too with a new comer. He did a good job, except for that love story part(as it dilutes the intensity and deviates our mind a bit).

Good:
->Story, as it is very close to today's politics(not sure if one can become a CM as shown, but expecting such a Leader).
->First half is very much gripping, esp, the screenplay is very good.
-> Good acting by all(except the actress who comes in the first half, she irritates you)....though, I felt, Rana could have done better....he did not spoil the character, so good...by the way, his voice is very good.
-> Music is good....I liked the BGM in some of the scenes.

Bad:
->When you are watching a intense scene....all of a sudden a girl(herione in the first half) comes and talks in childish way(dont know how to define this...well,may be, like our telugu anchors talk..hehe)....you dont understand how to react....Also, her diagolgues, add to that. I felt, all the scenes which has girl talking are not well shot.
-> Love Story and one song(aunana kadana) placement - Director has justified this(love story) in the end of the movie. May be a young CM will fall in love but being a CM how can one go daily to the girls place...doing his work from a restaurant....hard to digest..director should have shown it in a different way. Atleast, I felt that.

Overall, its a good watch.


2. Ye Maya Chesave:

Well, I watched this movie after a week of its release and till then many of them watched it and gave "very" different opinions to me. One said its was too good, while other said it was really boring....In general, we dont hear such contrasting opinions from the general public on a movie. Anyways, I thought, after hearing to all those opinions, that this movie might be some thing really different....also, as one of my
favourite directors Gowtham directed it and with some superb songs by AR Rahman this movie created a lot of interest in me. At last, I watched it and felt very good. Its a typical, simple, plain love story.

Good:
-> Direction. Yep, narrating a simple love story(you can see just two characters for 90% of the movie) in a interesting way is what I primarily liked.
-> Music - Songs are Superb....BGM, its damn good....very different.
-> Very good acting ...esp: both the lead actors....Naga Chaitanya and Samantha....they both were very apt(I also watched the tamil version but some how felt Simbu and Trisha were a mismatch for this type of love story..though they acted very good).
-> Dialouges: Very simple(which a love story needs) as per the requirement of the scene(no more , no less)....by the way, the whole movie is narrated by Naga Chaitanya..his voice is very good.
-> Scenes with Krishnudu(comedy in the first half).

Bad:
-> Naga Chaitanya's Dances.....actually, this movie needs no dances but you can find some here and there in the songs...but, he did just OK....
-> Pre-Climax: Could have been a bit fast....though it looks OK as per the situation in the movie, many may feel its bit dragged.

On a whole, Don't expect any mass masala in this movie and I am pretty sure you will like it....its worth a watch.

mee,
RaghuRockz

No comments:

Post a Comment